My daughter is a huge Hannah Montana fan. Loves the crap out of her.
Because she watches the Disney Channel….
…. not because she reads Vanity Fair.
If some tweeny is intelligent enough to have moved into the Vanity Fair readership then I’m going to trust that they are sophisticated enough to get that those pictures aren’t about sex. They are classic Annie Lebowitz. End of story. And I hope that one day, when she’s older, my daughter will understand and love the art of photography enough to see the beauty in the portraits taken of her one-time girlhood ideal.
The only miss-step Miley has made is making a bigger deal out of the pictures than the people who where criticizing her.
Whew, the big meeting is finally over. My projects are presented. I can breath. Tomorrow I can blog.
Yes this week’s posts are sucking wind but it’s a work thing. Next week may prove even worse but maybe not. For now here are some random TV thoughts after sipping on the morning coffee and reading the gossip.
- Not a big Idol fan, only catch it in passing but I’m going to go on record as thinking the little boy who looks about 12, David Something-or-Another is going to win.
- Ever stop to consider how much that show penetrates the American psyche? I mean I don’t even watch it, I flip past it .. but yet I feel like I get enough of it from every other source in the Universe to have an opinion on the contestants. Weird.
- A 90210 remake/sequel? Why? Dear CW, please please don’t. It was good. I loved it, watched it all the time – but it’s over. Don’t beat a dead horse. You have Gossip Girl. It’s the new 90210. It’s fabulous, in fact better than 90210 ever because it actually “goes there” and doesn’t have Aaron Spelling sanitizing it for us.
- Speaking of Gossip Girl, when is that show back???
- ER – Why can’t I quite you? I don’t even like you anymore but I feel committed. Note to writers: I really really really don’t care if Maggie self-destructs again. Really. Whatever, have her drive off a cliff, something. Much like Carter’s old storyline you’ve over played it about 8 times and I no longer care. Please just stop and make the last season interesting next year.
- Big Bang: The immediate success and the time you had to enjoy it during the strike hasn’t helped your writing. Maybe you were so well liked you got the attention of the studio execs and now your suffering for it but who knows. You’re overplaying Sheldon to the point where he’s not that funny anymore. His genius was in his subtly. Focus on Leonard and Penny and let Sheldon be hilarious in small doses on the side – it’s what got you where you are today.
- HIMYM – Awesome
- Thanks goodness ABC is coming back next week. I’ll have to set the DVR before my trip.
- Have you looked at NBC’s schedule? Seriously I think they’ve just given up. How many times a week can you air Law and Order? There should be a law. Someone should be fired.
- Survivor: Still love you but seriously those were the best fans you could find? It seems like you randomly picked them off a forum board somewhere. Most never stood a chance. Waiting for Alexis to bust out as a contender. Love that you are showing Ponderosa video on the net.
- Big Brother: It was impossible to try to top last season and Dick but you’ve made a good effort. Despite your best efforts to give Natalie a “made for her” HOH challenge she got booted out. Amen.
Disney is having their annual beach towel sale this week 2/$20.
These are hands down the highest quality beach towels around. I’ve been buying 2 or 3 each year since Puddin’ was about two years old and not one has ever worn out. I basically now have a closet full of them but we use them like crazy all summer long in and out of the pool almost every day.
In and out of the pool every day and none of them are worn out. Seriously. They are more than worth the money.
If there’s a blog badge I’ll gladly post it.
To her I say, “Amen!”
I got up so early this morning that I made myself late because I thought I had all this extra time.
“Digital SLRs are the new Minivan”
– my friend who’s kid is old enough to make her a granny before my kids hit middle school – Ha ha
The world of the web is a raging river; any fear you have of sticking your toe in a big, fast current is no reason to spend all your time in a tiny stream instead.
– Marshall Kilpatrick
So the disks for the second season of Weeds came from Netflix last week and one evening when the Dr was hanging out with The Engineer (next door) helping him tile his porch after the kids had gone to bed I put the disk in and sat back to enjoy.
For several episodes the house is plagued with plumbing issues, finally the plumber comes and discovers socks in the pipes. Socks? Nancy is as confused as I am. Then the plumbers asks if she has a young teenage boy in the house… if you have one, you might see where this is going. I did not. Seems young sweet Shane has discovered “himself” is in need of a lecture on the the proper methods of by-product disposal. Shortly there after Nancy tasks Uncle Andy with talking to Shane.
What follows is one of the funniest monologues I have ever seen on television. I had no idea this was such a complicated subject. And how the the actors got through this scene in a single shot I’ll never understand. I was rolling on the couch. I was laughing so hard. I almost peed.
Then out of nowhere, The Dr suddenly shows up. Walks up to the receiver under the television. Hits a button. Looks at me and totally deadpan announces, “Zone 2 was on.” Translation… I was broadcasting it to the entire neighborhood through our outside speakers.
This weekend at the crawfish boil I told all the other moms about it.
This morning I referred to it in a comment on this blog.
I’ve done everything but post about it myself so here it is.
Warning: It’s hilarious, it’s kind of sweet, it’s very educational, but well, it’s about masturbating so if you’re going to get all offended don’t watch it.
Here it is